- Angelini Ventures, the venture capital arm of Angelini Industries, is an early-stage investments firm focused on accelerating disruptive innovation in digital health and life sciences. The group will invest €300M across a global portfolio led by investment professionals and advisors in Europe, North America and Asia.
- Angelini Ventures has deep domain expertise and leverages a global team, advisors, and strategic partners to help entrepreneurs scale their businesses into transformative category-leading companies.
Learn more at www.angeliniventures.com
About the Associate position
- As an Associate at Angelini Ventures, you will work closely with the leadership team and will have the opportunity to shape the organization from its beginnings. The work will be diverse and interesting and will provide unlimited learning and networking opportunities, especially if you are interested in building a career in venture capital and seed-to-scale investments.
- The role will require a combination of strong analytical skills, sound business judgment, and the ability to develop meaningful connections with teams across our parent company (Angelini Industries) and a diverse community of entrepreneurs and other investment ecosystem players.
- This position will report to a senior member of the Investments team (Investments Principal or above). The Associate will be part of an accomplished team of investors, venture builders, operators and investment professionals passionate about building purpose-driven businesses.
- United Kingdom, Switzerland or other European cities preferred as home-base. Frequent travel to Rome, Italy is a requirement of the role.
- Sourcing/Deal Flow: Manage inbound deal flow and outreach from entrepreneurs, vet and assess deal opportunities and develop information summaries for deal reviews.
- Investments: Support the investment process from origination to execution for new opportunities; provide ongoing investment monitoring.
- Research: Undertake guided and independent research to understand markets, industry sectors, products, platforms, business models, risk factors, competitive opportunities, and other aspects of investment opportunities.
- Community Outreach: Participate, as needed, in local startup events, business plan competitions, and networking events.
- Program Support: Provide support in the execution of new programs and business development strategies.
- Academic and/or Professional background in the health sciences/healthcare space required; PhD or equivalent experience in health sciences/healthcare highly preferred.
- 5+ years of total work experience in the venture capital industry, management consulting, investment banking, and/or scaling startups required.
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, prospects and industry contacts.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- A passion for early-stage venture capital, startups, and entrepreneurship with a good understanding of emerging trends in the health care space.