ff Venture Capital is an early-stage, high-touch venture capital firm that believes in collaboration to help early stage companies build technology that will change the experiences of millions of people. Our offices are based in New York and Warsaw.
We are looking to add a Financial Controller to our team who will support our U.S.-based CFO and focus on financial reporting of our European and US operations.
- General support of the U.S.-based CFO.
- Help integrate the European and U.S. finance and operations.
- Ensure proper reporting of the European management company, funds, and portfolio company performance.
- Supervise the work of our accounting firms that maintain books and records for our European funds and Polish management companies.
- Support, from time to time, financial reporting and forecasting of European portfolio companies.
- Monthly closes completed by the 10th of the following month with account reconciliations and analyses.
- Cash, receivables, and payables management.
- Expense management and controls: continuous drive to control and reduce costs and expenses.
- Process payroll for the Polish management companies.
- Interact with local insurance brokers to ensure appropriate business coverage.
- Ensure compliance with European and local rules and regulations.
- Create and update financial models and a budget for our European operations and investments; help integrate these models and budget on a global basis.
- Manage the relationships with Polish and Lux accounting and tax firms, and manage all local tax matters.
- Lead the annual audit and tax processes for the European funds and management company; support the U.S. audit and tax process.
- Ad hoc and special projects.
- A person who is comfortable with working with overseas colleagues in different time zones.
- Detail oriented, works well under pressure, and possesses the flexibility to deal with multiple changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently.
- A master’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of both Polish/EU IFRS and U.S. GAAP accounting practices.
- Fluency in both Polish and English. Work and/or study experience in the U.S. is a strong plus.
- 8+ years’ relevant experience.
- Proficient knowledge of QuickBooks or similar accounting software, as well as mastery of Excel.
- Ability to interact with portfolio company management. Experience with venture-backed start-ups is a plus.
- Experience in managing staff, including management of external fund administrators, is a plus.
- Experience in multiple currency accounting is a plus.