We are looking for an exceptional intern to join our team. This is an opportunity to be a key contributor at QVentures, where you will be right at the heart of the London early-stage tech and venture ecosystem.
QVentures is a Venture Capital firm providing direct investment opportunities and fund management. QVentures sources, screens, and invests in top-tier start-ups from Seed to Series B. Our investors consist of Family Offices, Institutional Investors, UHNWIs, and Cashed-out Entrepreneurs. QVentures has participated in rounds with an aggregate combined size of over £220m in 115 companies. Our team is experienced with deep knowledge of the UK venture ecosystem and our focus lies on high-growth, revenue-generating companies raising Seed to Series B investment rounds.
In addition, QVentures has a Fund Management arm. The fund focuses on investing in technology companies in the UK and is dedicated to finding and supporting the next generation of best-in-breed entrepreneurs.
Typical tasks for the intern role includes:
- Working closely with the fund investment team, the intern’s responsibilities will include:
- Deal Flow – track and review deals, manage feedback to founders and organise meetings with founders to progress due diligence.
- Due Diligence – conducting deep dives into businesses focusing on commercial, market and operational analysis.
- Market Research – ongoing review of market developments to identify and track emerging technological / industry trends and develop your own investment hypotheses in a range of sectors.
- Operational Development – contribute to developing processes and tools that make the Pre-Seed fund operate more efficiently.
- Supporting on marketing material - social media management for LinkedIn and Twitter, and composing content for the company’s platforms.
- Conducting research on Venture Capital and Family Office-focused publications, podcasts, events, conferences and awards to target.
- Media monitoring to keep track of QVentures brand and portfolio news and successes.
- Special projects (e.g. market, product research reports).
The ideal candidate:
- A natural go-getter with a keen interest in Venture Capital and Entrepreneurship.
- Intellectually curious - you seek out and learn about ideas with the potential to shape the future.
- Self-directed - you prioritise well and deliver exceptional work with limited direction.
- Sociable - you enjoy meeting people and learning about them; you are outgoing, insightful, and a good listener.
- Experience in Mailchimp and Canva is a bonus.
Location: Marylebone office and remote working (blended - days TBC)
Duration: Full-time, 3 months, start date ASAP. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please email your CV and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. In the subject line, please write ‘Internship Application: Your Name.’