btov Partners, founded in 2000, is a European venture capital firm founded and funded by serial entrepreneurs and business angels focussing on industrial technologies and digital leaders of the European economy.
We manage our own institutional funds, partner funds, and offer private investors and family offices access to direct investments, calling several of Europe’s most admired investors our advisors and co-investors. With offices in Berlin, Munich, St. Gallen and Luxembourg, we manage assets of EUR 510 million and examine over 3,000 investment opportunities annually.
The btov Industrial Technologies Team has backed companies ranging from component, module and systems hardware companies with embedded software to application and infrastructure software suppliers for industrial verticals. Our technology focus lies in robotics & autonomous vehicles, industrial machine learning, Industry 4.0 and Industrial IoT, cyber-physical security, electronics & photonics, additive manufacturing, power conversion and storage, medical and quantum technologies. Investments out of our new Industrial Tech Fund include Dyemansion, Cybus, Synfioo, Ninox RetinAI, LynxCare, HQS Quantum Simulations, Toolsense, Headmade Materials, Semalytix, Sensolus, Threedy, Innatera, Visplore, LiveEO, and DessIA.
Initial investments range from EUR 1-3m and we can increase our total investment to EUR 10m over the life cycle of a company.
- Active deal sourcing and screening of new investment opportunities, presentation to the team
- Preparation of industry research in order to form new investment hypotheses
- Support of our team in the investment process (business identification, evaluation and due diligence activities)
- Support of portfolio companies, participation in company meetings and presence at events
- You have or are about to complete your degree in Natural Sciences, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or any related studies with technical or scientific background and achieved outstanding academic results
- You can demonstrate relevant work experience. Exposure to the start-up ecosystem / initial experience in the area of investment management in the start-up ecosystem is a plus.
- You have a passion for entrepreneurship, technology, and disruptive ideas
- You are team-oriented, motivated, committed, proactive and capable to work independently
- You are an expert problem solver who is comfortable with numbers and technologies and are used to pay attention to detail
- You have strong communication skills
- You are fluent in spoken and written German and English
- Opportunity to work within a dynamic and fast-paced organisation that is influencing the growth of tech entrepreneurship at the earliest stages
- Flat hierarchies with space for your own ideas – and infinite opportunities to learn
- Possibility to evaluate and support cutting edge technologies that can actually make a difference