POSITION OVERVIEW: Valhalla Ventures is seeking a fully remote Venture Capital Summer Analyst beginning in June 2021 and ending in September 2021. The role will be unpaid with an opportunity to earn a full-time role on the team.
ABOUT VALHALLA VENTURES: Valhalla Ventures is a venture capital firm focused on backing visionary teams upending the conventional order. Our thesis revolves around technological and social movements that we believe will make a significant impact in improving the quality of our lives and the world around us.
In the past six months since inception, Valhalla has raised five SPVs and is in the process of raising a sixth and seventh totaling $20M in capital deployed into amazing companies that we believe will produce excellent financial returns and will also have meaningful positive impacts and disrupt areas including mental health, climate change, and digital assets.
Valhalla Ventures will begin raising its debut fund later this quarter with a target first close of $20M. This fund will invest in companies led by exceptional teams in markets undergoing rapid evolution thanks to major technological and social movements including digital assets, sustainability, health & wellness, psychedelics, and new media including esports and gaming.
- Manage a full pipeline of deal flow and assist in time allocation to companies and founders
- Produce high-quality Valhalla-branded due diligence memos on portfolio companies
- Produce content for Valhalla newsletters and LP updates, write thought pieces on frontier markets, and produce other insight and analysis pieces
- Manage outbound communications including emails, scheduling calls and follow-up meetings, editing and sending term sheets and contracts, and keeping all communications and documents organized
- Produce returns analyses and competitive landscape analyses for prospective investments
- Assist in building value in portfolio companies by producing investor presentations and financial models, introducing key strategic partners, growing revenue, and assisting in other operational areas
- Source interesting new startups, develop relationships with founders and investors, and find opportunities to invest in promising early- to growth-stage companies
- Maintain Valhalla’s proprietary database of UHNW investors, VC funds, startups, family offices, and other high-value contacts
- Take thorough notes on calls with founders and investors
- Conduct LinkedIn and email outreach to prospective investors
- Excellent writing skills
- Superior attention to detail and a strong eye for design
- Subject matter expertise in and/or passion for at least two of the following: psychedelic therapeutics, cryptocurrency/digital assets, sustainability/climate tech, agtech, food tech, social platforms, health & wellness, esports & gaming
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Completion of 2-year TMT analyst program at top-tier investment bank strongly preferred
- Experience in VC, management consulting, or investment banking preferred
- Class of 2021 graduates with excellent academic and professional track records will be considered
- Access to Tier 1 investors, dozens of UHNW family offices, and A-list entertainers
- Mentorship in venture building, investing, sales, networking, and deal-making
- Potential full-time role upon successful completion of the internship