Pace Ventures is a new venture capital firm based out of Berlin that invests in early-stage Seed and Series A Health- and GreenTech start-ups primarily in Europe and the US. Our focus is to invest in companies that can become market leaders, that create real value for their industry, and that we feel proud to tell others about. Typically we invest $1M as an initial investment and act as a follower investor.
The fund is managed by single General Partner Marius Swart who used to run Coca-Cola’s, and then Henkel’s corporate venture arms for the last 8 years before launching his own fund now. He is supported by Venture Analyst Katharina Neisinger who is a sustainability major turned startup aficionada.
Now we are looking for a scientific venture fellow based in Berlin to join us full-time for 4-6 months:
- You will be the first fellow at a rising early-stage VC out of Berlin and work very closely with the investment team
- Your main responsibility will be to support the team with the scientific evaluation of deals including deep dives into markets, competitive analyses, and literature checks
- You will support with sourcing deals in the Health- and GreenTech sector and create investment memos and presentations
- You will write deep dives on specific subsectors to add to our portfolio of market analyses
- You will be part of shaping some of the internal operations due to the young age of the fund
- Master/PhD in a scientific field, including biotech/bioinformatics, medicine, neuroscience
- Knowledge of and strong interest in the Health-, and or GreenTech markets
- First experiences in high-growth startups or in other fast-paced environments preferred
- A high interest in creating an impact for both society and our planet
- Humble, energetic, proactive
- Excellent command of English (C1) and strong interpersonal skills
- Start date preferably October; anticipated duration 4 months with the option to extend to 6 months
- You will need to have the right to work in the EU
- A beautiful office in the heart of Berlin
- Competitive compensation in line with market standards
Pace Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and encourages people of all ethnic and racial origins, sexual orientations, gender identities, religions and ideologies, socio-economic statuses, age and individuals of all abilities to apply.
We look forward to hearing from you!