Hux Venture is a venture capital firm. We back daring African founders tackling some of Africa’s most pressing challenges. We work to identify untapped, possibly game-changing ideas and bring them to fruition. We are on a mission to build Africa's future through entrepreneurship.
About the role:
We are looking for a venture partner to come onboard and help achieve our overall objectives. There is a tremendous ability to craft and provide input on the vision and structure of the fund. These requirements are guidelines, but we will review every application and, for the right candidate, move forward.
A successful venture partner at Hux Ventures will have a history of fundraising from institutional investors, building co-investment opportunities with angel groups, syndication, and having raised and deployed funds. As a Venture Partner at Hux Ventures, you will lead Hux Ventures and report to the firm's board of directors.
Tasks And Role Expectations
- Core responsibility to successfully fundraise on behalf of the fund.
- Craft, collaborate, and lead development structure for fundraising strategies.
- Meet, co-establish, and exceed fundraising and deployment goals as established by Hux Ventures.
- Validate investment opportunities for deal execution - end to end ability to negotiate terms, diligence, financial model, and oversee the portfolio.
- Provide hands-on leadership for all aspects of the investment process.
- Maintain meticulous records of all investment activity between founders and investors from origination to exit.
- Work with and support portfolio companies, including attending board meetings and monitoring performance to ensure returns and strategic objectives are achieved.
- Identifying co-investors to participate in financings for Hux Ventures portfolio.
- Build and manage the investors' network for the fund.
- 6+ years of experience at a venture capital firm, or major corporation venture capital group, with a deep understanding of the early stage venture capital space OR previously raised fund.
- Must have an extensive rolodex and strong relationships with LPs, institutional investors, partners, and institutions.
- Expert in sourcing existing investments, including deal analysis, due diligence, financial modelling, reviewing and negotiating all documentation, deal interface, and driving the deal process to completion.
- You must be energized by fundraising, building relationships, and representing Hux Ventures' investment methodology to prospective investors.
- Strong ability to think strategically and direct others in solving complex business problems under pressure.
- Highly developed analytical skills with the ability to define issues, collect and analyze pertinent data, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, draw valid conclusions, propose sound recommendations, and implement approved solutions in support of specified goals attention to detail is critical.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong writing and the ability to create top-notch presentations and materials that provide business insight that is relevant and digestible to executive decision makers.