Do you have what it takes to become the next great early-stage technology investor? Do you have a robust understanding of the zero-to-one early-stage tech entrepreneurship process? Are you a deeply curious and analytical thinker but also capable of forging meaningful relationships with a variety of entrepreneurs, investors, service providers, and ecosystem partners? If yes, then we would love to talk to you.
Techstars is seeking candidates for the London-based role of Venture Principal to work with the Managing Director and operational team of our London Accelerator. Success in this job may lead to a Managing Director role.
What You Will Do:
Partner closely with the Managing Director, as well as, the local and global Techstars teams to:
- Identify target investment sectors and development investment theses - Source, recruit, evaluate, and close investments in target companies via direct outreach, diverse sourcing efforts, marketing events, referrals, and in-bound accelerator applications
- Form and foster effective relationships with founders, investors, mentors, service providers, and other ecosystem partners to build a support network around our founders and to develop sourcing and due diligence relationships
- Deliver content and workshops during our 13-week accelerator programs - Mentor our founders and provide them with the network, tools, and education they need to succeed
- Help our founders secure additional investment during and post-program - Provide ongoing portfolio management and assistance for our companies - Do whatever else it takes to identify, close, and help world-class founders to find success and to make sure our accelerator experiences are extraordinary
What you bring to the role:
- A minimum of 7-10 years of prior experience in the technology industry; product development, engineering, or go-to-market experience are all pluses
- Your integrity and honesty are unimpeachable
- You harbor a fierce drive to succeed matched with humility and a team-oriented attitude - Your verbal and written communication skills are razor sharp
- Initiative and comfort working through ambiguous /unstructured environments come naturally to you
- You have unlimited capacity for and enjoyment of networking with people from all walks of life
- Your brain buzzes with curiosity and a never ending desire to learn and improve yourself and our organization and processes
- You’re analytically oriented - you make decisions based on data
- You can sell - you combine credibility and chemistry to convince people to join you on your journey
- You have a deep understanding of, empathy for, and experience with, the zero-to-one entrepreneurial process - you quite likely have 1) been a co-founder or early employee at a startup company and have ideally been involved with a successful fundraise or two, or 2) have prior early-stage tech investing experience
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $210B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.