Plug and Play is a global innovation platform and venture capital firm. Our mission is to make innovation open to anyone, anywhere. Each year, hundreds of entrepreneurs join our vertical-specific accelerator programs to team up with our corporate members or receive a direct investment from Plug and Play. Plug and Play has over 45 locations across the world and our corporate members include: The Alliance to End Plastic Waste, USAA, Visa, Nationwide, Aflac, Daimler, Ford, Nissan, BP, Johnson & Johnson, Roche, Pfizer, Walmart, Coca Cola, Adidas, and over 500 more. Plug and Play’s corporate members utilize Plug and Play to identify the best startups to meet their challenges. Plug and Play’s proven investment track record includes Honey, Guardant Health, ApplyBoard, BigID, Kustomer, Rappi, Flutterwave, Hippo, PayPal, Lending Club, Dropbox, and many more.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology and entrepreneurship and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively seeking a Supply Chain/Sustainability/Clean Tech Ventures Analyst to champion the Plug and Play business model and drive portfolio growth in Valencia. An ideal candidate has a passion for understanding how Supply Chain/Sustainability/Clean Tech startups scale and is driven to take an active role in building out our Supply Chain/Sustainability/Clean Tech ecosystem and investment portfolio.
Sourcing New Startups
● Source startups for the respective vertical program
● Attend calls or meetings with relevant companies
● Build and maintain strong relationships with local VCs, universities, corporations, etc.
● Actively network with startup founders at industry events and conferences
Ventures’ Program Management
● Schedule and facilitate deal flow meetings between startups and corporate partners
● Curate startup lists for corporate partners based on their technology interests
● Maintain relationships with industry partners
● Working closely to support Investment Partners on the full lifecycle of making investments: conducting diligence, making investment recommendations, and helping the portfolio
● Develop an investment thesis regarding emerging trends and frontiers within Supply Chain/Sustainability/Clean Tech through deep research and market mapping
● Bachelor's degree required; MBA/advanced degree is a plus
● Knowledge of cap tables, startup financing, and growth metrics
● Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with C-Suite executives, and VC Partners; adept at public speaking
● Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically, analytically, and creatively
● Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, prospects, and industry contacts
● Self-motivated and driven; proven to work independently, prioritize work, and achieve results
● Collaborative, diplomatic, and can cross-functionally partner with stakeholders across multiple offices
● Experience in/comfort with a role with a degree of ambiguity, requiring proactive analysis and action
● A passion for early-stage venture capital, startups, and entrepreneurship with a good understanding of emerging technologies