Plug and Play Tech Center is the ultimate innovation platform, bringing together the best startups and the world’s largest corporations to create the most meaningful connections that bring innovation to anyone, anywhere. We are on a mission to bring the benefits of Silicon Valley to all four corners of the world.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re a diverse team with backgrounds in technology, consulting, and entrepreneurship and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively seeking a Senior Ventures Associate to drive innovation in the European insurance industry and beyond. An ideal candidate has a passion for understanding how startups scale and is driven to take an active role in building out our ecosystem and service established insurance corporations in regards to their innovation ambitions.
The Senior Ventures Associate position is a key role on the team and is responsible for finding collaboration opportunities to support and consult large corporations in the insurance industry with their business challenges and innovation efforts. Furthermore, the Senior Ventures Associate is responsible for discovering investment opportunities and therefore sourcing and managing relevant startups for both their respective vertical program and investment portfolio.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Outreach and screen new, relevant, and exciting startups for investment purposes
- Conduct biannual sourcing for business development (accelerator) programs aligning to tech interests as reported by PnP’s corporate partners
- Instruct, guide, and mentor Analysts and other support team members
- Collaborate with and host corporate executives in deal flow sessions and develop a comprehensive understanding of our partners' innovation challenges and tech interests
- Introduce startups to Plug and Play’s partners based on their interests per request as well as proactively, based on your research and knowledge of the client
- Develop and host workshop formats for corporate executives, e.g. Trend Workshops, Ideation Workshops and more.
- Mentor start-ups on taking product to market, raising money, scaling, and other ad hoc business needs
- Assist with/devise portfolio support and investment strategies to maximize ROI of the PnP portfolio
- Generate investment memorandums and present them to PnP’s investment committee by performing due diligence on team, market, product/technology, business model, risk factors, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or related field
- 4+ years of total work experience in venture capital industry, management consulting, investment banking, and/or fast scaling startups; understanding of burgeoning trends in venture capital
- Knowledge of cap tables, startup financing, and growth metrics
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with C-Suite executives, and VC Partners; adept at public speaking
- Highly organized, shown to meet tight deadlines along with consistent accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively
- Proficiency in Google Docs, MS Office, CRMs, project management tools, etc.
- Intermediate spreadsheet experience (formulas, dashboards, charts, pivots and analysis)
- Previous experience in the insurance industry
- Language requirements: Fluent in Business English. Fluent in German is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, prospects, and industry contacts
- Self-motivated and driven; proven to work independently, prioritize work, and achieve results
- Collaborative, diplomatic, and can cross-functionally partner with stakeholders across multiple offices
- Experience in/comfort with a role with a degree of ambiguity, requiring proactive analysis and action
- A passion for early-stage venture capital, startups, and entrepreneurship with a good understanding of emerging technologies