Seedcamp is Europe's seed fund, identifying and investing early in world-class founders attacking large, global markets and solving real problems using technology. The Seedcamp Nation includes over 450 startups building breakout businesses that change the way people live, interact and buy and includes publicly listed UiPath, Wise, and unicorns Revolut, Hopin, Sorare, Pleo, wefox, Grover and viz.ai, along with fast-growing businesses such as Ezra, THIS and Synthesia. Seedcamp fast-tracks a founder's vision and creates value through immediate access to smart capital, a lifelong community of support, and a global network built upon more than a decade's experience backing exceptional talent.
What will you be involved in?
We’re looking for a curious, friendly and resourceful new member of the team to support us across the Seedcamp organisation, specifically investment support and leveraging our network. You’ll be on first-name terms with our phenomenal network of founders, and be deeply exposed to the way we think, work, and invest.
Investment Team Support
- Support our investment process administratively and, where appropriate, with research and analysis on a particular sector, technology or business.
- Review inbound investment opportunities through our platform, presenting relevant companies to the wider investment team.
- Assist with collation, cleaning, and presentation of data related to investments and the portfolio.
- Use your initiative to identify a sector, technology or market of strategic interest for Seedcamp and own a research piece, data project or event related to it.
Network Team Support
- Identify individual founder needs and connect them with relevant investors + mentors from our network.
- Work directly with our Network team to curate and organise investment-related events throughout the year.
- Research and write up vertical-related deep dives that we can share on our Seedcamp blog and socials.
You can read about one of our former intern’s experiences here and here.
Who are you
We prize intellectual curiosity, raw initiative, and a collaborative spirit. You are a passionate follower of the latest technology trends and have maybe even tried a startup of your own.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and are happy to get stuck in across the organisation.
- Are a proactive problem-solver who can think independently and take initiative.
- Enjoy working with people and love building relationships.
- Have incredible attention to detail. You’re happy scheduling, working in spreadsheets, and have an eye for where processes can be refined.
- Passionate about startups. You probably love Product Hunt and have signed up for your fair share of Substacks.
- Tech-savvy. You enjoy trying out new apps and software (and maybe want to build your own in the future!)
What have previous interns gone on to do?
Interning at Seedcamp is a surefire way to supercharge your network and learning. The club is small but former Seedcamp interns and fellows accomplish a whole host of impressive things. They have gone onto:
- Found and build Citymapper
- Make partner at leading Venture Capital firms (3x!)
- Receive backing from Seedcamp
- Earn a spot in Forbes 30 under 30
- Help decentralise the web by working on Filecoin ($262 million ICO)
- Join portfolio companies and other fast-growing startups in product and business development roles
- Ascend to leadership positions in technology companies like Facebook and ByteDance/TikTok
- Work full-time at Seedcamp
What we’re looking for:
- You’ve built a product or led on a project you’re able to show off and talk about.
- Have a history of executing and getting stuff done.
- You’re resourceful, highly analytical, and love (data-driven) problem-solving.
- Have background demonstrating an interest in the startup or venture capital scene.
- Bonus points if you listen to ‘This Much I Know’, the Seedcamp podcast.
How to apply
Please visit https://seedcamp.com/visiting-analyst/ to apply by the deadline detailed below.
Deadline: 23rd Jan 2023
Programme Duration: 6 months
Note: we are looking for a start date in February. However, we’re open to beginning earlier if we find the right candidate. So, submit your application early to maximise your chances!