Vorwerk Ventures is an independent venture capital firm with a strong passion for digital consumer-centric businesses and enabling technologies. With over €400m under management, we focus on promising early-stage opportunities across Europe. Previous investments include HelloFresh, a leading meal kit delivery service, Flaschenpost, an on demand platform for beverage delivery and other companies that make people’s lives easier, more empowered, healthier or somehow more beautiful.
We are now looking for a curious, driven and hands-on intern to join our Berlin-based investment team to get involved across all investment activities.
If you are as passionate as we are about the consumer space, we would love to hear from you!
- Scout outstanding founders and deal opportunities on relevant sources
- Evaluate incoming deal flow and identify most promising ventures
Venture analysis / Due diligence support
- Assess investment opportunities by analyzing data and challenging business assumptions
- Run market research and conduct due diligence calls
- Construct investment memos for internal investment committee and facilitate deal discussions
- Create competitive landscapes of relevant spaces
- Gather key trends in the industry
- Identify new investment sweet spots
- Currently enrolled or recently completed BSc / MSc at a top-tier university in Business, Economics or Engineering - ideally in gap year
- International work or study experience - fluent in German and English, additional language a plus
- Previous work experience in management consulting, investment banking or the tech / start-up ecosystem
- Passionate for trends in tech and new business ideas
- Curious self-starter with a hands-on mentality and an open mindset
- Solid analytical skills to assess complex financial models
- High communication skills to clearly explain and discuss business ideas
- Good technical understanding for tech products
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Receive a thorough understanding of the start-up ecosystem
- Learn the ins and outs of a deal process
- Expand your network of investors and founders
- Work with a diverse and supportive team of investment professionals
- Beautiful office space in Berlin Mitte
- Access to employers perks (e.g. subsidized fitness membership)
- Starting mid November 2022 or mid January 2023 for 6 months
- Location: Berlin and remote
- Competitive compensation in line with market standards
We are looking forward getting to know you!