Antler is a global early-stage venture capital firm that invests in the defining technology companies of tomorrow. Antler is on a mission to fundamentally improve the world by identifying, investing in, and supporting the world’s most exceptional people to build groundbreaking technology companies.
We believe anyone with the right grit, spike, drive, and ambition can change the world. Antler is present in most of the major startup ecosystems across five continents, including in hubs such as New York, London, Berlin, Bangalore, Singapore and Sydney. Since launching in 2017, Antler has attracted ~60,000 applications to its programs and invested in the top 1% of founders, resulting in over 300 companies across the world. Our portfolio covers over 30 different industries, including healthtech, proptech, deeptech and fintech.
The aspiration for Antler is to be the world’s leading early-stage VC, and a value-adding partner for exceptional founders from pre-idea to IPO.
💡 The Role
We are currently looking for top performing students for various internship roles. We are seeking diverse profiles & backgrounds and are looking for people who want to grow our rapidly expanding operation across Central Europe. As a Visiting Associate you will get to work with both the Antler team as well as our world-class founders. For all the profiles we are looking for, a genuine interest in technology and the startup scene is a must!
Your responsibilities will depend on your background and interest areas, but all of our interns will get exposure to a number of business areas. Example tasks for our Visiting Associates:
- Support Antler team and our portfolio companies with operational tasks including
- Company-Building (e.g. ideation, business modeling, and strategy with our founders)
- Marketing & PR (e.g. manage and grow Antler's presence in the startup ecosystem)
- Recruiting (e.g. support the management of our recruiting platforms)
- Help our Investment team with due dilligence and other investment-related tasks
- Work with our Founder Scouting team and senior leadership to execute different strategies to attract world-class founders
- Work with our Program Director to plan, coordinate and execute the Antler program
- Other marketing, recruiting, fundraising and administrative tasks that are associated with the varied nature of this role
- Take initiative of your own projects to bring Antler and our portfolio companies to the next level
You are a top performing university student who is driven to bring Antler to the next level with full-time availability for at least 4-6 months in Berlin.
- Passionate about entrepreneurship: our #1 principle is Founders first - reflecting that the core of what we do is to help exceptional founders succeed. You have a passion for technology, entrepreneurship and helping people build companies that push technology forward.
- Ambitious: another core principle at Antler is Uncomfortably ambitious. As the rest of our team, you like to set ambitious goals and work hard to achieve them.
- Curious: You are curious, like to think outside the box and question the status quo.
- A good communicator: You have good communication skills and a genuine interest in other people. We’re a global team spread across 17 time zones working at a very fast pace. English is a must, German is a plus.
- Taking ownership: you take full ownership of your own objectives, and you also take ownership of our broader mission. When you see something that is broken, you default to “let’s fix this” rather than “not my responsibility”.
- A problem solver who likes to roll up their sleeves: you have strong problem solving skills and are a fast learner. You have a bias for action and are excited about moving fast. You'll likely be a true generalist, hustling to take things from zero to one in various projects to get things off the ground.
💎 What we offer
- A strong company culture, with constant feedback loop and employee development
- Fast-growing organization with a lot of responsibilities from day one
- Great learning and growth in the world of Venture Capital
- Networking opportunities through working with experienced managers from leading consulting/finance firms, startup founders and tech community leaders
- An international environment which treats all with respect and promotes diversity where there’s room to grow
- A fun and global team, all dedicated to making Antler and our portfolio companies a huge success
- Competitive compensation
Start date: September 2021 onwards