Speedinvest is a leading early-stage venture capital firm with more than €1B AuM, a portfolio of 250+ startups and 80 employees based in Berlin, London, Munich, Paris, and Vienna. Our dedicated sector-focused teams are the first to fund Europe's most innovative technology startups and our in-house operational experts offer founders ongoing, hands-on support with topics such as People & Talent, Growth, Business Development, and more. Wefox, Bitpanda, TIER Mobility, GoStudent, CoachHub, Schüttflix, Sylvera and Twaice are among our 250+ portfolio companies.
We are expanding and are hiring a VP People Strategy & Talent for our Platform+ team, based in any of the Speedinvest offices (Vienna, Berlin, Munich, or London).
ABOUT THE POSITION
Speedinvest has a unique and innovative approach to supporting the startups it invests in. We strive to understand their journey and needs, and to provide hands-on support in key areas as they grow. One of these key areas is the People (HR) function. We support founders in building strong People Operations, including building Talent Acquisition strategies to attract and retain top talent, building sustainable company structures and strong team cultures, and helping founders grow into the leaders they want to be. We offer hands-on, impactful guidance, advice as well as access to a network of vetted partners (such as recruiters, coaches, HR tools, and more). We also look to connect founders and Heads of People/HR from the portfolio to each other to tackle People Operations and Talent Acquisition challenges together, creating a community that supports one another.
- Design and implement the strategy for how we deliver People/HR support for our growing portfolio of 300+ startups
- Deliver hands-on support, consulting and advising startup founders and their People teams on People Operations topics (from Talent Acquisition, to Company and Culture building), in 1:1 calls, Group Workshops, Online Resources, both in online spaces and at in-person events
- Match/connect portfolio founders to network applicants, advisors, vetted partners and vendors (such as relevant recruiters, coaches, HR tools, and more) to help them make key hires and build strong People Operations processes
- Build strong communities around people topics, by connecting portfolio founders and their People Managers to each other via direct introductions or creating community spaces online (slack channels, round tables, office hours) or in person (local events and at our yearly Speedinvest Summit)
- Support our in-house Investment Team during their due diligence process, when assessing startups (especially People/HR startups)
- Partner with Investment Managers and the wider Customer Success team and understand global HR trends to understand current founder needs and deliver the highest quality and most valuable support to the Speedinvest Portfolio
- You have 15+ years of applicable experience, preferably having worked as a VP People/Chief People Officer most recently in a growing tech startup or fast-paced environment
- You have a proven track record of building and scaling teams, implementing and improving People Operations processes, introducing HR tools, and spearheading culture-focused initiatives in a company
- You have an outgoing personality and excellent communication skills (written and verbal), with the ability to build relationships with different stakeholders
- You have experience and enjoy making connections with/between people and producing meaningful workshops, content and People strategies
- You are passionate about the People & HR world, about new ways of working and helping startup founders build the workplace of tomorrow
- You have high attention to detail, are compassionate and have the ability to put yourself in other people’s shoes to understand their needs
- You have strong organizational, prioritization and project management skills, with a high degree of flexibility to adjust to last-minute updates or changes
- You have a proactive attitude, experience implementing a strategy, working toward OKRs/KPIs, and you love finding solutions to problems using technology
- You have a relevant university degree showing excellence and strong analytical skills
- You have strong computer literacy and interests, across a wide variety of tools
- You are fluent in English (a second language is a plus, but not a must)
- If you have past experience working as a consultant or project manager, that could be a plus
WHAT WE OFFER?
- The extraordinary chance to work in one of Europe’s leading Venture Capital funds, helping shape its business and working to impact startup founders across Europe and beyond
- An innovative working environment, where you can bring your ideas to the table and implement them
- The chance to be part of an international, driven, talented and results-oriented team
- The opportunity to continuously learn and grow
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (including carry in our fund, an annual Learning & Development Budget, the potential for a performance bonus, and more)
- Flexible work environment and the ability to work from home on a regular basis