The Associate Director will lead ORIX Growth Capital lending transactions through company evaluation, term sheet, due diligence, company analysis, modeling, documentation and close. The successful candidate will and will work closely with Senior Management of ORIX Growth Capital, equity investors and management teams to successfully grow the ORIX Growth Capital brand. ORIX Growth Capital is proud of its talented team, strong industry relationships and commitment to long term success. Candidates must have a strong interest in technology companies and a desire to work closely with venture capital and private equity communities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform market research and develop sector expertise to assist in identifying companies for potential investment
- Evaluate potential investment opportunities, create financial models, and communicate key variables and risks with the team
- Serve a primary lead in due diligence efforts in collecting and analyzing data to identify key risk areas in potential investment deals
- Prepare term sheets, credit applications, and other documentation required for approval of deal by investment committee and executive management
- Coordinate legal review and documentation for deal closing
- Build and nurture ongoing relationships with new and existing clients and investors
- Work with ORIX Growth Capital portfolio companies, including monitoring of performance, attending board meetings, and following up on investment
- Some domestic travel required, dependent on investment activities
- Other duties and projects, as assigned Contacts
This position has frequent contact with all levels of employees and management. In addition, this role may interact with outside business partners, vendors, consultants, and other office visitors.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year university in finance, economics, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- 5-10 years of experience at a top-tier investment bank, private equity or debt fund, venture capital firm or growth technology company
- Deep understanding of the growth-company space
- Highly developed analytical skills with ability to define issues, collect and analyze pertinent data, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, draw valid conclusions, propose sound recommendations, and implement approved solutions in support of specified goals. Attention to details is critical
- Excellent proficiency in accounting and financial modeling
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to prepare comprehensive and insightful investment memoranda
- Solid interpersonal skills with success as an approachable collaborator at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and prioritize assignments, and to meet critical and established deadlines; Ability to manage multiple changing assignments simultaneously without constant supervision
- A strong team orientation and the ability to thrive in a fun, performance-driven environment
- Ability to travel, as needed, for investment activities, sometimes with short notice
ORIX USA is an equal opportunity employer, providing equal employment opportunities (EEO), and is committed to diversifying its workforce. All employees and applicants for employment will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other status protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.